Our church manages the finances of Julia’s Place, our Congregational Cottage Program, and the Madrona Commons. If you would like to give specifically to one of these ministries, please mention this in the memo line of your check, and we will only use your donation for that purpose. Checks should still be made out to “Madrona Grace Presbyterian Church.”
- Julia’s Place currently costs us about $15,000 annually for utilities, maintenance, and staffing. This works out to about $1250 per month or $41 a day. Would you consider donating to cover a month or a week or a day?
- We shelter 5 or 6 families at a time, up to 20 people. This works out to about $2500 per family, or $680 per person for the year. How about sponsoring a family?
- Materials for a Congregational Cottage cost between $15,000 and $20,000, and the houses are expected to last between 15 and 20 years. This works out to about $1000 a year, or $84 a month.
- It is estimated that about 1% of the United States is homeless, and this is particularly true in Seattle. Spread out over the whole population, it would cost about $200 per person to build enough tiny houses to end homelessness.
- For information about the Madrona Commons, and what can be supported through donations, click here.